Origins : Germany
Other Uses : printing and packaging
Weight : 180 KG
Butyl acetate is a type of an ester; a substance formed by the reaction between an acid and an alcohol along with the elimination of water. In this case, the reaction is between acetic acid and butyl alcohol.
● tert-Butyl acetate is used as an additive to gasoline to prevent engine knocking. It is also used as a solvent for lacquers.
● n-Butyl acetate easily dissolves nitrocellulose, a nitric acid ester used in lacquers. Therefore, it is used as a solvent in the manufacture of nitrocellulose lacquers.
● It is used as a solvent in the production of nail polish, nail polish removers, basecoats, and other nail-care products.
● It is used as a synthetic-fruit flavoring in foods such as candy, ice cream, baked goods, cheeses, yogurts, etc.
● It is used in as a solvent in organic chemistry laboratories.
● It is used in the manufacture of Penicillin-G, the principal component of many commercial antibiotics.
● It is used in the manufacture of artificial leather, cleaners, photographic films, plastics, and safety glass.
● Due to its low solubility in water, n-Butyl acetate is used as an extractant in the manufacture of pharmaceutical preparations.
● It is used as a diluting agent for dyes in inks used for marking vegetables and fruits.