Sodium Metabisulphite – Food Grade
Origins : Turkey
Other Uses : Food – Textile
Weight : 25 KG
Sodium metabisulfite is a strong reducing agent that can react with oxidizing agents as the sulfur atom in it with a positive valence of 4, the maximum valence of which is 6. That is the mechanism why sodium metabisulfite is a multifunctional ingredient that can be used as a preservative, antioxidant and bleaching agent in agricultural food products, wine and other applications.
Industrial grade sodium metabisulfite is used in a wide range of applications:
- Pharmaceuticals: used for the purification of chloroform, phenyl propyl sulfone and benzaldehyde.
- Rubber: a coagulant.
- Printing and dyeing: as a dechlorination agent for bleached cotton.
- Leather: impart leather the properties of soft, waterproof, folding resistance in leather treatment.
- Surfactants and polymerization: as a sulfonating agent and reducing agent.
- Gold refining: as a reducing agent to precipitate gold out of an aqua regia solution by reducing the Au³⁺ to Au.